"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Squash Dressing

When my friend Kim and I opened Cherished Thymes in LaGrange, this was a dish that we served that was very popular with our customers.  My son Alex, who won't eat squash under normal circumstances, will eat squash dressing.

1 Bag frozen squash, thawed, drained well and cut into pieces
2 eggs
1 stick margarine
2 cups crumbled cornbread
1 onion-chopped
1 can cream of Chicken
soup

Melt the butter and add the diced onion.  Simmer until the onions are soft.  Meanwhile mix the squash, the eggs, the soup and the cornbread.  Add the butter and onions and pour into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam.  Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.  This makes an 8 x 8 pan.  Double the recipe if you want a 9 x 13 pan.

FYI  Anytime I make cornbread and I have some left over, I put it in a zip lock freezer bag and stick it in the freezer.  That way I always have the corn bread on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment