"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Monday, January 2, 2012

Pork Loin

My family loves Pork Loin and Kroger runs it on sale quite often.  It's also a great meat to serve if you are feeding a crowd.  Sometimes I buy a loin larger than I need and I slice a portion of it, thin slices.
I batter and fry the slices at breakfast for tenderloin and biscuits.  Larger slices can be fried and served at dinner instead of pork chops so don't  back away from buying a large loin.  Sometimes that's all they have.  Now here's the way I prepare the whole loin.

Heat the oven to 450 degrees.  Remove the loin from the wrapper. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.  Season the loin on all sides with Greek Seasoning, garlic powder and generous amounts of black pepper.
Place in the oven on 450 for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temp to 325 and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 160.  It takes about 20 minutes per pound.  Remove from oven and let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes before you slice.

If you don't have a meat thermometer, it would be a wise purchase.

1 comment: