"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Apple Dumplings

My friend Pam shared this recipe with me. I tried it tonight and I have to tell you, it was all I could do not to eat the whole pam.  As a matter of fact, I'm going back right after this blog and have seconds. YUM!!!!!

2 cans crescent rolls divided into triangles
2 granny smith apples peeled and cut into wedges
Cinnamon and sugar
1 stick of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can of sprite

Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on each triangle.  Roll an apple wedge up in the triangle.  Sprinkle more cinnamon and sugar on top.  Arrange in a 9 x 13 pan that has been lightly sprayed with Pam.  Mix butter, sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan.  Stir until butter is melted.  Pour over the apple bundles in the pan.  Pour the can of sprite on last.  It will seem like a lot of liquid  but don't worry.  Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.  Be sure and spoon the juice from the bottom of the pan over the top.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you liked it!! It is one ofmy favorites and I fix it often when I have company!! Girl I love your recipes! Now I will have to send you my rice krispie chicken recipe!!

    ReplyDelete