"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Julie's Guacamole

My old friend Julie gave me the best guacamole recipe once.  Although I've experimented with others, I always go back to this one

2 avacados
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon finely diced onion
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt

Peel and mash avacados and add other ingredients.  Serve with chips.  Sometimes I add a dallop of sour cream to the center.
FYI  I  love Franks Hot Sauce.  You get the taste without too much heat.
If you have any left over, an you probably won't, cover with a clear plastic wrap and push the wrap right down on top of the guacamole so there will be no air.  It will keep longer but not long.  Guacamole is to be eaten UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment