"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Monday, January 2, 2012

Deer Jerky

My son Alex loves beef jerky. He started hunting with his Uncle Buddy at a young age.  I didn't know this until recently but Buddy would tie a rope around his waist and pull him up into the deer stand when he was about three years old.  I guess it was safer than climbing the tree with him.  When Alex killed his first deer I decided to make deer jerky for him.  My friend Lisa that taught with me at West Georgia Christian Academy gave me her Dad's recipe.

1 bottle of Dale's steak sauce
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper (red pepper if you want it hot and spicy)

Slice the mean thin.  It helps if it's a little frozen and if you have an electric knife.  Marinate the meat in the sauce mix over night.  Lay the meat out on a cooking sheet.  Put it in a 200 degree oven.  Turn every 30 minutes.  It will take 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  But it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Seth loves this too! lol
    We just got a hind quarter from my step dad last night. I can't wait to give Seth this recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete