"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Caramel Cake

Yes, you CAN make caramel cake because I found this really easy caramel icing recipe.  The cake can be yellow cake mix.  However, at Thankskgiving I made my Mama's fresh apple cake with this icing and it's was pretty good, if I do have to say so myself.

14 ounce bag of Kraft Caramels
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 cup softened butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups confectioners sugar

Unwrap all the caramels and put them in a microwave safe bowl with 1/2 cup of heavy cream.  Microwave for 30 seconds then stir, repeat every 30 seconds until the caramel is smooth.  Meanwhile beat the softened butter and vanilla together with a mixer.  Add the caramel mix alternately with 3 cups of confectioners sugar. Spread on a cooled cake.

2 comments:

  1. I made this yesterday. It is gone today..lasted less than 24 hours. It is soooooo good and so easy it's almost shameful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO happy you liked it. Try it sometime with fresh apple cake.

    ReplyDelete