"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Monday, January 2, 2012

Fresh Green Beans

Every time I cook bacon and we cook alot of bacon in the summer when the tomatoes are fresh because we love BLT's, I save the bacon drippings in a fruit jar and keep it in the refrigerator. This is what I season my vegetables with.

I wash and snap my beans.  Meanwhile I'm melting a tablespoon of the bacon drippings in my pan along with a little diced onion.  I add the green beans and cook just a minute to let the bacon drippings kinda seer my beans.  I then cover the beans with chicken broth.  Season to taste with salt and black pepper.  Cook until the beans are done.  You just have taste them to know when they are ready.

If you don't have the time for fresh green beans, I recommend the italian cut green beans.  Be sure and pour off the juice in the can. I usually rinse the beans good before adding them to the pot.  This is almost as good as fresh, but not quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment