"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Corn Chowder

Winter is the best time to have soup.  I love this recipe and I think you will too.

1 pound package of smoked sausage
1 small onion diced
1/4 cup flour
1 can whole kernal corn
red potatoes
milk
1/2 stick butter
salt and pepper

Melt the butter.  Slice  or dice the smoked sausage and add to butter along with the onion.  Cook until the onions are done.  Add the flour and stir until the butter is absorbed by the flour.  Add milk.  The amount of milk you add depends on how thick you like your soup.  It will thicken as you cook.  You can add more milk if it gets too thick.  Add the can of corn, juice and all.  Add the red potatoes that have been diced.  The amount of potatoes you add again depends on how thick you want your soup to be.  When the potatoes are done, the soup is ready.
You can also use half chicken broth and half milk.

1 comment:

  1. My sister Pam shared ths recipe with me several years ago. I have made it many many times. My husband loves it! I may make it for him this week!

    Darlene Ison-Evans

    ReplyDelete