"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Chicken Bog

I have 3 nieces I love like they were my own.  The youngest, Jennifer, texted me tonight to remind me that I did not have one of her favorite recipes of mine on my blog. So here it is Jennifer's Chicken Bog.

1 pound chicken- 2 good size breast
1 lb. Smoked sausage, sliced
1 cup chopped onion
1 stick butter
2 tsp. Seasoned salt
2 tsp Paula Deens house seasoning (recipe is on this blog)
1 tsp black pepper
3 bay leaves
8 cups water
3 cups raw rice
1 tsp. Ground red pepper.  I don't like too much heat so I don't add this much.  As always I'll leave the level of heat up to you.

In a large pot melt butter add onion and smoked sausage and cook just until onion is tender.  Add water, chicken, seasonings and bay leaves.   Bring to boil.  Lower heat and cook until chicken is done.  Remove chicken.  Add rice.  Bring to boil.  Cook until rice is done.  Boil for about 10 minutes, lower heat and continue to cook until rice is tender.  About 10 more minutes. Stir occasionally as the rice cooks.  Remove bay leaves.  Shred chicken and return it to the pot.   Stir to combine and its ready to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment