"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Friday, January 2, 2015

Butter Bean Soup

Looking at the left over ham on Christmas day,  I remembered a soup my mother use to make and I set out to recreate it.  It turned out just as I remembered.

I took the left over ham and diced up all the remaining ham.  When there was nothing left but the bone, I submerged the bone in water and simmered to create a broth.  I set the broth aside.  Meanwhile I melted about 1/4 stick of butter and added a diced onion.  I then added the diced ham and sautéed until the onion was done. I then added back the broth and a small bag of dried large white limas.  I cooked slowly until the butter beans were done.  As they cooked when I felt I needed more liquid I just added chicken broth.  Salt and pepper to taste and a pan of hot corn bread and dinner was ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment