"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle

The other day at Publix they had the large cans of Planter's Peanuts BOGO.  I had not one, but two coupons I could use.  One store coupon and one manufacturer coupon.  This made these peanuts about $1 per can. Yeah!  I came home with 4 large cans.  I then remembered this recipe that I hadn't made in awhile.  It's so easy and taste pretty much like my Bigmama's homemade brittle that she use to make all the time  when I was a child.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup karo syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup planters peanuts

Place sugar and  karo syrup in a microwave safe bowl.  Stir. Microwave for 5 minutes.
Stir in peanuts and the butter.  Stir and cook for another 2 1/2 minutes.  The recipe calls for 3-4 minutes but I found this to work better.  Remove from microwave and add the soda and vanilla.  Stir and immediately pour onto a cookie sheet that you have sprayed with Pam.  Allow to cool completely.  Break into pieces just the right side to eat.  Store in an container with a good tight lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment