"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Friday, January 2, 2015

Another one pot pasta Dish

I like smoked sausage and I have several recipes that I use them in.  I often buy them when they are on sale and just drop them in the freezer until I'm ready to use.  I guess that's what drew me to this recipe.  Another easy dish using smoked sausage.


In a large pan or dutch oven with a lid, add 1/4 butter and melt.  Then add...
1 cup of diced onion
1 pound of smoked sausage that has been sliced
2 cloves of minced garlic (1 teaspoon if you buy the kind already minced in the jar like I do)
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper

Cook on low heat until the onions are done.

Add 2 cups of chicken broth
1/2 cup of heavy cream (milk will do)
8 ounces of dried pasta, anything small will work
1 can of diced tomatoes (use rotel if you would like it kinda spicy)
1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
 
Stir and let come to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and put the lid on.
Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the top and stir.  It's ready to eat with your favorite bread.
Sprinkle some more grated cheese on the top and some diced green onion just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment