"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Friday, May 3, 2013

Follow upon Bacon and Pork loin...

Yesterday I made a whole pork loin and I wrapped it in bacon.  Lay each slice of bacon across the loin.  Wrap around each side and tuck under.  This time I decided to season with pepper.  After all, I LOVE Peppered bacon so why not.  Season with the pepper before you wrap with bacon.  Let each piece slightly overlap so it will be completely covered.  I then proceeded the same way I did with the previous pork loin recipe. I cooked on 450 for 20 minutes and then lowered the heat to 325 until done.  About 20 minutes per pound or until the center reaches 165 on a meat thermometer.  ALWAYS allow the meat to sit at least 5 minutes after it comes out of the over to allow the juices to redistribute.  Slice and serve.  Now I don't know which way I like the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment