"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Monday, April 22, 2013

Shish Kabob

Tried something new tonight and it was so delicious.  You know I love those nice pork loins they have at Kroger that go on sale often for $1.99 a pound.  Found another use for them tonight.
I cut the pork loin into about 2" pieces.  Then I wrapped each piece with bacon.  I put them on the skewer with zucchini, onion and the little potatoes.  I sprayed the vegetables with Pam and seasoned them with salt and pepper.  I didn't season the meat.  The bacon did that for me.  I cooked it on a low to medium heat so the bacon wouldn't burn and the pork loin would have time to cook.  I checked the pork loin with a meat thermometer to know when it was ready.  As always I let the meat rest about 5 minutes before serving so I wouldn't loose any juices.  All I needed to go with this was bread.  Next time I will try it with different veggies, maybe some mushroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment