"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sugar Cookies

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile.  I won't post any recipes that I haven't tried and truly like and I've been busy with a bathroom remodel and haven't had the time to try something new. I remembered this recipe that I've had for awhile but had forgotten to blog.
I always enjoyed an old recipe that came from a Great Aunt of mine until I was given this one from my dear friend and teaching mentor, Evelyn.  It came from her sweet mother. It is much easier and I'm all about, easier...

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 heaping cups of self rising flour

The amount of flour you add can vary.  You can just drop by the spoonful onto a pan that has been sprayed with Pam or you can add extra flour to make the dough stiffer and you can pat it out and use a cookie cutter.  It's just great basic cookie dough.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 14 minutes until lightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment