"Taste and see that the Lord is good." Psalm 34:8

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Cinnamon Raisin Oat Triangles

 My brother recently asked me about a cookie bar My Mom use to make. I have her recipe box so I dug through and found it.  Today is his 62nd birthday so I made them for him as a gift from our Mom who's been gone now for over 20 years.  They were even better than I remembered.  

2 cups rolled oats

1 cup all purpose flour

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon 

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cup melted butter

1 cup raisins 

1/4 cup apple jelly 

Cinnamon icing 

Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and soda.  Mix well. Stir in butter until evenly mixed.  Remove 1 cup crumb mixture and set aside.  Pat remaining mixture into a 9x9 greased pan. Combine raisins and jelly then toss with reserved mixture.  Sprinkle over layer in pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25- 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. While warm cut into 9- 3 inch squares.  Cut each square diagonally to make triangles.   Cool in pan.  Meanwhile mix 1/2 cup powder sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 teaspoons milk to make a thin icing. Drizzle over the cookies.  Remove from pan when completely cool.  Makes 18. 

You can substitute orange marmalade or apricot jam for apply jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment